[Grok-dev] Re: Grok 0.12 release planned for tomorrow (tuesday april 22)

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Apr 22 16:44:51 EDT 2008

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Ethan Jucovy wrote:
>> Peter,
>>
>> This is a bug in a bugfix release of z3c.autoinclude that I stupidly
>> released on the same day as the new grok release.  See
>> http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/grok-dev/2008-April/004561.html -- I'm on it
>> and will hopefully have it fixed shortly.
>
> Even so I thought grok was using a carefully selected set of pinned
> revisions for its releases. Did someone pin a broken release without
> testing?

The pinning hasn't changed, except for z3c.autoinclude. We typically
don't pin the recipes or buildout itself, perhaps a newer version of
buildout is causing problems?

> FWIW: for Plone releases I always make a full release, install that in a
> sandbox, run all tests in it, setup a new site and test its web
> interface, do an upgrade test, etc. It's tedious but can catch real
> errors. I would suggest using a similar process for grok releases.

Obviously we ran all the tests. I can run grokproject, create a new
project, and start it fine. I don't understand what I'm doing differently.