[Grok-dev] "Grokkerdam Americas" sprint during Grokkerdam

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Apr 23 12:24:12 EDT 2008

Hi there,

Various people across the Atlantic, North and South America both,
expressed an interest in participating in the Grokkerdam sprint
remotely. This would be very welcome!

I propose the following:

Communication is in #grok and grok-dev, as normal. If you're sprinting,
please hang out in #grok and make noise so people know you're there. :)

Sprinters in Rotterdam will be distracted by what's going on there. We
also will work in different timezones. This means some things:

* Remote sprinters can organize micro-sprints themselves and meet up in
real life so you have company.

* Remote sprinters can talk to each other on IRC.

* During the sprint, we'll try to delegate at least one person in
Rotterdam who monitors IRC while we're sprinting there. The remote
sprinters are free to 'ping' this person. This person can then drag some
of us onto irc should we need to discuss particular things with you
right away. We can do our IRC monitoring duty in shifts.

* In addition, if the remote sprinters desire this, we can try to set
some times during the sprint for IRC meetings.

If you are interested in participating in the remote sprint, please put
your name, email address and irc nickname on the wiki page, here:

http://wiki.zope.org/grok/GrokkerdamSprint

I've made a "Grokkerdam Americas" section there. If you want to organize
a local micro-sprint, please let us know there too.