[Grok-dev] Re: megrok.form errors

Dirceu Pereira Tiegs dirceutiegs at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 23:51:27 EDT 2008

Em 23/04/2008, às 20:15, Martijn Faassen escreveu:
> Hi there,

Hi Martijn,

> Thanks for the report - this exactly the kind of feedback we need to
> track down problems.
>
> Lacko Roman wrote:
> > Sorri, forget to say, a put one extra requirement into setup.py:
> >         # Add extra requirements here
> >         'megrok.form',
> [snip useful conflict error traceback]
> > But When I removed zcml instruction "<includeDependencies
> package="." />"
> > from src\klucsite\configure.zcml Zope started successfully
>
> The odd thing is that I tested exactly the megrok.form scenario
> before the release (and just now again), so now I'm wondering what
> went wrong... Ah, I think I figured it out, see below.
>
> I just reproduced it! Your conflict error messages luckily had the
> versions of the eggs you were using, and I noticed that my eggs have
> different versions...
>
> I was using the ugly version zc.datetimewidget 0.6.1dev-r72453. You
> were using a more proper release, 0.5.2. I don't know where I got
> 0.6.1dev from, probably got it somewhere long ago, as it doesn't
> seem to appear on PyPI. When I made 0.5.2 a requirement, I got the
> same error.

That's very strange. I've created a virtualenv environment and, when I
put 'zc.datetimewidget' as a requirement, buildout downloads
zc.datetimewidget version 0.6.1dev-r72453. I cannot find it on PyPI.
Why it's been downloaded? It's not even on svn.zope.org - the latest
version there is 0.6.0dev.

> When I remove the auto-inclusion and put in this instead (which is
> what the includeDependencies directive actually does):
>
> <include package="megrok.form" />
>
> ...I get the same error. So this doesn't appear to be triggered by
> auto-inclusion, but is seems to be a problem with megrok.form.
>
> The strange thing is that 0.5.2 *is* the latest public release and
> it's months old, so I'm rather confused as to why nobody ran into
> this one before. Dirceu, what version of megrok.form are you using
> for developing?

I assume you're asking for zc.datetimewidget version - I was using
0.6.1dev-r72453.

> Anyway, the fix appears to be that megrok.form is doing a
> registration that zc.datetimewidget is *also* doing, so Dirceu
> should be able to fix this one easily.
> Anyway, if I'm right, that concludes this immediate question: I
> recommend to you wait until Dirceu makes a new release with the fix.
> It's not a 0.12 problem, it's not an auto-inclusion problem, but it
> appears to be a megrok.form problem.

Actually it's a zc.datetimewidget 0.5.2 problem :-). Version 0.5.2
overrides.zcml is different from version 0.6.1dev and it conflicts
with zope.app.form-3.4.0b2's configure.zcml. I've fixed it in
megrok.form by not calling zc.datetimewidget.overrides.zcml and by
configuring those things in megrok.form.overrides.zcml.

I think this should be fixed on zc.datetimewidget, but I think I don't
have the privileges to upload a new egg.

> Now on to the wider problem this demonstrates, for everybody to
> think about, and for Dirceu in particular:
>
> All this is again a good argument for version pinning. If Dirceu
> would somehow supply exactly the versions *he* is using to all users
> of megrok.form, then everybody would either get the same error, or
> none at all.

Yes, you're right. I made new releases of megrok.form and
collective.namedblobfile supplying versions for every dependency.
Sorry about this.

Dirceu Pereira Tiegs
Weimar Consultoria

Hospedagem Plone, Zope e Python