[Grok-dev] Paris sprint final report: Plone on grok!

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 15:42:31 EDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 7:11 PM, Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net> wrote:
>  Nice! It would be nice if the renderer would automatically be associated with
>  the grok.Portlet if they are in the same file. Is that doable?

Probably, but I'm not sure of the best way. First I though we should
do it with context, as a view, but then we realized we need to know
what the renderer when we grok the portlet, and we did the current
ugly hack.

Once possibility is to not register the portlet when we grok the
portlet, but register it when we grok the renderer.

There is also the option today of having several portlets for one
renderer, but not several renders for one portlet, so my first
instinct was to do them like they are views, but there it's the other
way around.... So I'm not sure. This needs to be discussed with some
Plone people. Especially optilude, I think. :)

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64