[Grok-dev] Re: absolute url for 'static' ?

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Mon Apr 28 10:58:33 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 04:54:17PM +0200, Sebastian Ware wrote:
> 27 apr 2008 kl. 21.25 skrev Christian Theune:
>> Please look into ZODBs Blob feature which is specifically crafted for
>> that
>> use and optimal in performance.
>>

> Christian! In your opinion, is there any merit to this comment on Zodb
> blobs?
>
> "For large sites though, I wouldn’t use blobs and would set up a
> specialized co-server.Tramline fills the bill and we are thinking about
> providing a tramline-friendly strategy in FSS, in order to provide direct
> access to the files."

Reading the text this is a very broad statement about general blob usage, not
the ZODB blobs IMHO. If it is made in relation to ZODB blobs, he doesn't state
why.

ZODB blobs can also co-operate with static delivery and could be used in
conjunction with Tramline without too much hard work I guess.

Nevertheless, I don't see his point.

Christian

--
gocept gmbh & co. kg - forsterstrasse 29 - 06112 halle (saale) - germany