[Grok-dev] Re: on the name "Grok"

Brandon Craig Rhodes brandon at rhodesmill.org
Mon Apr 28 12:41:45 EDT 2008

Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> [bunch of stuff about Grok compatibility layers]

Oh, wow - the other .grok modules let you write *exactly* the same
code as in normal Grok, and it will work in the other framework like
it does atop Zope 3 in Grok?  I hadn't understood that!  I'd thought
that they were ways of "grokking" whatever kind of presentation or
view classes the other web framework had natively.

If you're reproducing the same API, then I take back what I said about
Grok as a verb and Grok as a noun.  The argument becomes Grok-the-API
versus Grok-the-particular-implementation.  In which case, I think for
the moment I have to give Martijn's naming scheme:

+1