[Grok-dev] Re: on the name "Grok"

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 09:41:57 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 4:54 AM, Philipp von Weitershausen
<philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:
>  Sure. I'm just being realistic, perhaps a bit pessimistic about how much of
> this will actually be implemented. But you're right, that shouldn't
> discourage anybody from setting larger goals and trying to reach them.

Well, much of it is just a matter of copy-pasting. :) You copy the
test from Grok, and then copy the right code, either from Grok or from
Five and often a bit of both, to make it work. The trick i to know
what code to copy.

The thing where you can't do this is as you mentioned the indexes,
etc. But much of it is going to be quite easy to do, especially if
it's done while people who have worked on Grok and Five i around to
point out the places. :) If I gets worked on during Grokkerdam and
then during the Black Forest sprint I think that is going to go a
*very* long way.

>  That said, I don't feel *that* strongly about it, at least not strongly
> enough for me to carry on arguing on the basis of what seems to be mostly
> intuition (about the identity of Grok) and past-experience (from Five). If
> y'all think five.grok is a fitting name, then so be it.

Well for me, I just can't come up with a better name. :)

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64