[Grok-dev] Problem with buildout and z3c.schema with z3c.widget and megrok.form

rmoskal rmoskal at mostmedia.com
Mon Aug 4 15:02:38 EDT 2008

Greetings:

I'm just getting started with Grok, and I like what I see.  It seems to be
the right level of abstraction for application development and what a
pleasure not to have to worry about ORM if I don't want to. BTW, the closest
other framework that feels so right to me personally is Wicket in java land.

I'm using virtualenv and I'm trying to get some of the more sophisticated UI
widgets like on the forms tutorial on the grok site.  However if I edit
setup.py in my app directory to include 	'z3c.widget', or 'megrok.form' I'm
getting an error when I run the buildout:

Couldn't find index page for 'z3c.schema' (maybe misspelled?)
Getting distribution for 'z3c.schema'.
While:
  Updating app.
  Getting distribution for 'z3c.schema'.
Error: Couldn't find a distribution for 'z3c.schema'.

Has anybody seen this problem? Can anyone suggest a fix? I can all kinds of
other things like hurry.query successfully.