[Grok-dev] Re: five.grok and page templates

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Mon Aug 4 15:50:45 EDT 2008

Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Have you checked if this still works with z3c.jbot? That should be a
> requirement before using something like this in Plone.

I can happily report that z3c.jbot does work. :)

For example, I have example.dexterity.page, which contains:

   from five import grok
   from plone.dexterity import api as dexterity

   class IPage(dexterity.Schema):
       dexterity.model("page.xml")

   class View(grok.View):
       grok.context(IPage)
       grok.require('zope2.View')

This will result in a View for IPage called @@view. The template is
found in src/example.dexterity/example/dexterity/page_templates/view.pt.

I then did an override using z3c.jbot called
example.dexterity.page_templates.view.pt in a directory registered with
z3c.jbot, which is correctly picked up.

Martin