[Grok-dev] megrok.yui released

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Aug 12 13:40:14 EDT 2008

Hey,

Jasper Spaans wrote:
> Op 7 aug 2008, om 19:08 heeft Martijn Faassen het volgende geschreven:
>
>> Today I've wrapped up and released megrok.yui. This is a packaging
>> of the YUI javascript and CSS library for easy installation into a
>> Grok application. It uses megrok.resourcelibrary. To install
>> megrok.yui, simply add this in the dependencies to your setup.py and
>> rerun buildout.
>
> I'm trying to use megrok.yui, but can't get it to work in my grok-0.13
> application: I added megrok.yui as a dependency, ran buildout and then
> modified the page templates like this:
>
> -    <script type="text/javascript" tal:attributes="src static/yui/
> build/yahoo/yahoo.js"></script>
> +    <script type="text/javascript" tal:attributes="src context/@@/YUI/
> yahoo/yahoo.js"></script>
>
> This somehow makes my pages disappear; is something wrong with that
> path or should I do something else to make this work?

Is it possible you are using not the most recent release but a slightly
older one? That one had a critical flaw - it was distributed as a zipped
egg, which causes z3c.autoinclude not to pick up the configure.zcml at
all from this package. I released a newer version which isn't zip_safe.

I've had a different problem (some weird traversal error that only
occurred sometimes) and this caused me to write this instead in my
application:

<script type="text/javascript" tal:attributes="src
context/++resource++YUI/yahoo/yahoo.js"></script>

Why, I do not know.