[Grok-dev] flint didn't light a spark?

Robert Gravina robert at gravina.com
Thu Aug 14 09:22:46 EDT 2008

On 14/08/2008, at 11:02 PM, Jegenye 2001 Bt (Miklós Prisznyák) wrote:

> 2008/8/14 Robert Gravina <robert at gravina.com>
> Just wondering what happened to Flint?
> I got really excited about that a few months ago :).
>
> Like Luciano Ramalho announced/requested on July 14, Flint needs a
> new champion, he cannot go on with it.

Sorry Luciano (and the grok-list), I somehow missed that message. I'm
glad to hear that you are well now!

I think you've done some fantastic work in designing Flint so far, so
don't underestimate your contribution. Reading now through your wiki
pages there now, the design and ideas are quite impressive - it's the
CMS I would have designed if I knew how to do that :). I feel both
embarrassed and privileged be have been quoted on your wiki, too :).

I agree that Grok (and Python) needs a lightweight CMS desperately -
something less than Plone, but more than a web-framework, and Flint
sounds like just the ticket.

I may not be the right person to champion it (I am new to grok and
zope3), but I don't want to see it die, either.  I'll start by reading
your docs in more detail and see what ideas/questions I come up with.

Robert