[Grok-dev] What's the shortest path supporting rich clients

Santiago Videla santiago.videla at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 20:05:45 EDT 2008

Hi there,

Just to share what I'm doing, I'm working on some ideas to generate rich
applications using ExtJS and JSON (from GROK)

right now, I have a prototype working, similar to grok.AddForm, but it build
an ExtJS form.
I'm also using PyYAML [1] like a "JSON template language". you may find it
useful

I hope to be able to share all this on pypi very soon

About YUI, I never use it, and I'm really happy with ExtJS to change now
(hope to not have problems with license)

Regards

[1] http://pyyaml.org/

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 8:29 PM, rmoskal <rmoskal at mostmedia.com> wrote:

> Seeing that GROK is at version .13, I'm wondering what the shortest path to
> supporting a rich client interface would be.  The YUI integration works
> fine
> so I'll go with that.  But neither grok.JSON or grok.XMLRPC actually know
> how to serialize any schema based domain objects yet.
>
> I can go json or xml.  It's a new project.  I'm inclining towards
> z3c.schema2xml, but when I include that in setup.py, and run the buildout
> it' is not found.
>
> Given the state of GROK, what's the shortest path for me to be sending
> serialized domain objects to the client for use with YUI?
>

> Thanks and Regards,
>

> Robert Moskal
> --

Santiago Videla
www.revolucionesweb.com.ar
http://www.linkedin.com/in/svidela

Sigue la mata dando de que hablar siempre abajo y a la izquierda donde el
pensamiento que se hace corazón resplandece con la palabra sencilla y
humilde que l at s tod at s somos.