[Grok-dev] Pickling an object stored in the Zodb. How do I skip the __parent__ attribute?

Gary Poster gary at modernsongs.com
Thu Aug 21 12:14:30 EDT 2008

On Aug 18, 2008, at 8:57 AM, Sebastian Ware wrote:

> -I am having difficulties understanding how I would use zope.copy to
> perform an export

(zc.copy not zope.copy)

You would either use zc.copy.CopyPersistent, or you would determine
that you needed a fancier version that you write yourself.  If your
persistent objects did not have sub-persistent objects, and the
__parent__ were a Persistent instance, it would be pretty easy.  If
they did, there would be harder questions.

Glad you came up with a solution.

Gary