[Grok-dev] a Grok 1.0 release plan

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Dec 1 04:37:46 EST 2008

Carlos de la Guardia wrote:
> I volunteer to help with the documentation effort. I'm also willing to
> draft the docs for the new grokproject.

Great!

Note that Michael Haubenwallner, who did the WSGI work with Grokproject,
already modified the documentation for grokproject. It'd be very good if
you could review what's there.

Michael said he'd update the Grok tutorial with the new instructions
concerning how you start up Zope with paster (I think it also needs a
sidebar on the  soon-to-be-old way using zopectl). He hasn't gotten
around to it yet though, so perhaps you can take a look at that.

What would be really nice if someone would write the following two new
documents for grok.zope.org:

* a document that runs through the main paster commandline features

* a document that describes how you can use WSGI components with a Grok
application. I think there are two use cases - the optional WSGI
components you can plug in by editing paster's ini file, and the
'baked-in' WSGI components that the application requires to function.
The latter may not be proper pure WSGI components but they *are*
popular, so we should have a canonical way of including them in our apps.