[Grok-dev] meet the Grok 1.0 release team

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Dec 3 07:13:24 EST 2008

Hi Brandon,

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 5:45 AM, Brandon Craig Rhodes
<brandon at rhodesmill.org> wrote:
> I have made a first pass at a simple file, the "src/grok/rest.py" file
> in Grok trunk.  Take a look at it, and feel free to complain about any
> of the following "features" of my work:

[snip]
> There.  I'll wait a day or so to field complaints about any of the above
> practices before touching any further files. :-) And feel free to
> complain about anything else that you see that I did that I forgot to
> mention in this list!

I think this looks good overall and encourage you to continue.

Some comments about the text. I don't think the word 'pestering' is
very appropriate. Also Method Not Allowed errors aren't about being
attractive; it's a proper response when you access an object and the
method is not allowed. :) Perhaps the text should be modified to this:

	 The REST views provided by this module are fallbacks that kick in when
         a request in a REST skin is made and objects do not have REST
views defined
         for specific HTTP methods. The fallback views return Method
Not Allowed responses.

>  For example, the _getAllow()
> "for" loop was previously constructing a new list to iterate over
> every time it was called; now it uses a tuple, which only gets
> allocated once, when the program first runs.

To my knowledge tuples are allocated each time the code runs just as
much as lists are, and not only when the program runs first, otherwise
things like this wouldn't work:

mytuple = a, b