[Grok-dev] grokproject branches: jw, lra, philikon?

Brandon Craig Rhodes brandon at rhodesmill.org
Wed Dec 10 16:05:51 EST 2008

"Leonardo Rochael Almeida" <leorochael at gmail.com> writes:

> I did some work on rochael-alternate-grok_release_url to allow
> grokproject to operate against different release URLs (including
> "file:///" URLs) ... It was my first step as part of getting
> grokproject to work completely offline so we can release a single
> tarball with everything needed to run Grok, like other python web
> frameworks do.

+1

I think it's a great idea to be able to point grokproject at an
alternate, custom, or local Grok distribution URL, and file:/// should
certainly be one of the URL methods it supports.  It's nice for an
organization to know they can deploy and redeploy using only their own
servers, if they want that capability.

So I'd say, do whatever is necessary to get your change ready for
merging, and I'll test it out and see if it Works For Me. :-) Has trunk
changed extensively since you made the branch in the first place?