[Grok-dev] reviving the bug tracker

Todd todd at infrae.com
Mon Dec 15 04:15:14 EST 2008

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Thanks Todd for helping us get attention to the bug tracker. We've
> already fixed a few long-standing issues and discovered a few more
> important bugs.
>
> I'm still a bit mystified by how launchpad intends us to use various
> features. The things I understand:
>
> * launchpad has a concept called a 'series' (Grok 0.14.x, Grok 1.0.x, etc).
>
> * launchpad also has a concept of a 'milestone': Grok 0.14.0, Grok
> 0.14.1, Grok 0.1.1)
>
> There's also a concept of 'target to release' I don't quite get yet. You
> can click on a button and then target a bug to one or more releases. I
> think this affects the 'series targeted bugs' overview that right now
> doesn't display as many bugs for 1.0 as it should be. Perhaps Todd can
> look into what's up with this - we'd preferably like all open bugs to be
> targetting series 1.0, unless they've already been targetted for 1.1.

If you target a bug to a release, that is the way you can start
funneling bugs to a specific series. I can start moving them now.

I've also noticed, if you go to a bug that has 'affected' versions (like
0.12 and 0.14) you'll notice that those series are *not* available for
targeting to release. If you target a bug for release and submit the bug
will take the series and list it in its 'affected' list.