[Grok-dev] multiple grok wsgi applications possible?

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Wed Dec 17 06:22:50 EST 2008

Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> Lim Luong came up with this problem recently.
>
> The setup is like: create several grok applications, each with its own
> storage, configure them with pastescript to run as distinct wsgi apps
> from a paste http server (using paste urlmap to dispatch the requests).
> The admin screens work, access and writing to the different storages
> works too.
>
> The only problem is, that none but the last registered grok.Application
> is available from the 'applications' view (same for each of the wsgi
> apps). Trying to add one of the missing grok.Applications through the
> URL results in a ComponentLookupError.
>
> I am not sure if this is a problem of grok.adminui or something else.

The admin UI looks up available apps like this::

  zope.component.getAllUtilitiesRegisteredFor(
            grok.interfaces.IApplication)

Therefore only application types are found, that are registered in the
'local' registry, which in fact is silently assumed to be the global one
(and it should be in the regular 'zopectl' case).

When you say, that there are different storages, that might mean
different registries had to be looked up.

> Anyone got an idea of how to handle that issue?

As Martijn said, please create a bug report on launchpad with a
setting/problemdescription, explicit configuration file contents etc.,
so that we can all reproduce the problem and make sure, we all talk
about the same stuff.

Uli