[Grok-dev] Re: newbie's first problematic experience with grok 11.1

Alia alia_khouri at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 13:28:57 EST 2008

Martijn wrote

> Thanks for this feedback! I just tried running grokproject on Linux, and
> it installed the 0.11.1 version without problems. It's really mysterious
> it seems to be getting the wrong versions of things in your case. I just
> tested in Windows, and grokproject works there as well for me.

> Did you install grokproject a while ago, or very recently? If you have
> an old (pre 0.11) version of grokproject on your system, it won't use a
> standardized list of dependencies yet. That could explain these errors.

> You can update grokproject using: easy_install -U grokproject

Ok, I think I figured it out. my version of grokproject was the correct one
(0.6), but I apparently my problems are due to me doing a "easy_install grok" to
begin with and _then_ running "grokproject <projname>".

This sequence downloaded various zope-related eggs into site-packages
_and_ config\build-out-eggs causing the prior confusion.

Once I deleted the eggs in site-packages and did a clean grokproject install,
the problem seems to disappear and things are running normally now (-:

Alia