[Grok-dev] A couple of newbie questions!

Tim Terlegård tim.terlegard at valentinewebsystems.se
Thu Feb 14 03:49:24 EST 2008

On Feb 13, 2008, at 9:17 PM, Kenneth Miller wrote:

>       First off, I'd just like to say "Hello!", I'm brand new to
> Grok and really excited about the software. This is the most
> excellent, simple, path to web-development, not just python web-
> development, that I've experienced.

Glad to hear that!

>       Is there a bit of standard documentation on writing unittests
> for your own Grok Views/Apps?

No standard documentation yet. You find little about testing in this
document:
http://grok.zope.org/documentation/tutorial/navigating-to-transient-objects-tutorial/our-topic-the-natural-numbers/view

But you can look in the code that other people wrote. See http://svn.zope.org/grokapps/
There you find tests that people wrote for their apps, look in the
tests folder or module.

>       Is there documentation as to how to incorporate your own
> modules, other than just putting them on the paths setup? Or is this
> even important?

You can put your modules right in the package you're working on.
Or do you mean python packages? They need to be added to
setup.py and configure.zcml of your app.

/Tim