[Grok-dev] Feature request grokproject

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 12:11:06 EST 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 5:35 PM, Sebastian Ware <sebastian at urbantalk.se> wrote:
> I wish grokproject would:
>
>  a) report which python executable it is using (and maybe which
>  directories that python installation uses for shared stuff)

Could be a good idea.

>  b) optionally report which modules that python installation has
>  available

I didn't understand this.

>  c) warn if there are several similar python installations, and maybe
>  even give some hints on how this might cause problems

Well, grokproject uses the python that you run it with, right? So from
grokprojects point of view, there is only one, right?

I always run grokproject (or easy_install, or virtualev) with the full
path, so I know what I'm running. For example:

/opt/python2.4/bin/grokproject

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64