[Grok-dev] z3c.testsetup released

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Thu Feb 21 18:37:20 EST 2008

Hi Peter,

first of all thanks for trying the package! Every bug report is very
welcome!

Peter Bengtsson wrote:
> When I installed z3c.testsetup it broke my Zope 2.9.8, 2.8.5 (and all
> other ones I haven't tested yet).

The versions you mention are all 'Zope 2'. I haven't tested yet with any
Zope 2 stuff, but I'm pretty sure, there will be problems with it.
Apparently this is the case.

I am not sure, but read somewhere, that z3c packages like
'z3c.testsetup' stand for 'Zope 3 Community' stuff (not: Zope 2
community stuff). So I saw no need to check for Zope 2 compatibility.
Anyway, I should make that point clear in the docs and eventually try to
enable Zope 2 support. At least I will change 'Zope' to 'Zope 3' in the
docs.

BTW: have you tested with Zope 2.10?

> I first installed z3c.testsetup like this:
> $ sudo easy_install-2.4 z3c.testsetup
>
> And then later realised that I can do it with setup.py in a project with
> buildout.

Yes, that's the recommended way. It's also the only way described in the
docs. With buildout it's easy to install testrunners, that do not come
with z3c.testsetup. I'll explain that in an upcoming mail.

> Here's the traceback now in Zope 2.9.8::
[snip]

I currently would like to make the package robust enough for usage with
Zope 3. After that I might ensure Zope 2 compatibility, but this too
will cover only Zope versions >= 2.10. Although I'm not too much into
Zope 2, I guess your problem depends on the dummy zcml files that come
with z3c.testsetup.

Kind regards,

--
Uli