[Grok-dev] Re: [website] Let's do content!

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Jan 3 14:12:54 EST 2008

Noah Gift wrote:

> On Jan 2, 2008, at 1:47 PM, Martijn Faassen wrote:
[snip]
> There is nothing like getting free help on documentation!  This was a
> brilliant idea for Django, who regardless of your feelings about their
> framework, did documentation at a level that should be aspired to.
>
> http://www.djangobook.com/en/1.0/chapter01/

The reason we want to get to a Plone-based website is to get more help
on documentation. :)

Does Django allow online commenting or editing? I see a comment feature,
but please tell us more!

I agree that an online commenting feature would be extremely useful for
the tutorial and the other documents. I'm just saying we should get it
online as simply as possible right now as we don't want to delay the
website work with more complicated requirements. We should continue to
work on getting it easy for people to contribute to our documentation,
including the tutorial.