[Grok-dev] Re: Grok Widgets / Fields (Was Re: Re: [grok-br] Grok 1.0 and beyond)

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Jan 7 20:32:09 EST 2008

Hey,

Dirceu Pereira Tiegs wrote:
[snip]
> I volunteer to help with that, I have some (night) time until 11/02.

Awesome!

> For an initial TODO list we have:
>
>  * Widgets/fields/validation for email addresses, postal codes, URLs,
> date / time, more?
>
>  * Look at Martin Aspeli's kupu/formlib integration
> (http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/plone.app.form/branches/plip200-kupu-widget);
>
>  * Look at collective.namedfile
> (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/collective.namedfile);
>
>  * Look at the tinymce-based widget from JW Kolman / Martijn Faasen;

I suggest looking through the various things in svn.zope.org as well.
I'm sure that there are some fields and widgets lurking in there.

>  * Look at z3c.form and see if it is the best approach.

While I encourage doing this, I'd say this is a longer-term project. I
expect we'll be sticking with formlib for a while longer and z3c.form
shouldn't distract us from getting widgets that will work for us today.

[snip]
> +1, but I agree with Wichert: the widgets should not be grok-specific.
> We could work on improving / creating new widgets and only use
> megrok.widgets to provide an uniform import location.

Sure, I agree.