[Grok-dev] this mailing list now moderates the first post of new users

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Jan 8 14:16:42 EST 2008

Hi there,

Due to recent spam activities, this mailing list now moderates the first
post of any new users.

This means we need to come up with a system to moderate these
efficiently so that new user post is not forgotten about for too long
(which I'd consider a major problem for growing our community!).

The alternative is to come up with some other way to fight the spammers.

If we're going with first-post moderation, we need a cadre of active
mailing list moderators who work the queue. I'm currently not even
moderator of this list myself as far as I'm aware - I was happy not to
have to deal with this chore, and I'd love it if I didn't have to do this.

We need volunteers though to make sure we don't lose new members.