[Grok-dev] Re: Grok Widgets / Fields (Was Re: Re: [grok-br] Grok 1.0 and beyond)

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 09:32:06 EST 2008

Fernando Correa Neto wrote:
> IMHO, zope.formlib is not bad or limited and nor primitive. Either
> django or tg or whatever python web framework "look" at the model in
> order to generate forms. Zope3/Grok does the same thing.

My $0.02:

I agree here; I don't think the lack of sophistication in the
(zope.app.form.browser) widgets and/or (zope.schema) fields is due to
zope.formlib. Nor doesd zope.formlib prevent the development of more
sophisticated widgets and/or fields.

Personally I like zope.formlib - but maybe that's an acquired taste.

I certainly do see the use for megrok.z3cform-like projects though!!
(Or, when there's a general consensus at some point that the default
forms story in Grok should be based on z3c.forms, I'd still see the use
of a megrok.zopeformlib :)

regards,
jw