[Grok-dev] Re: Grok Widgets / Fields (Was Re: Re: [grok-br] Grok 1.0 and beyond)

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Jan 11 19:38:54 EST 2008

Sebastian Ware wrote:
> 11 jan 2008 kl. 08.15 skrev Luciano Ramalho:
>
>> Sebastian, the code in default_edit_form.pt also iterates over the
>> widgets to render them, it just does so using tal:repeat, not Python
>> code.
>
> Does anybody have some simple sample project using the deafult_edit_form
> method that I could examine? I am trying to understand the grok form
> doctests, but I am feeling a bit neanderthal.
>
> And also, is [default_edit_form.pt] a site wide replacement of the page
> template associated to my edit class or only used to render the form? I
> don't quite get how they all fit together.

Right now the best option (which sucks) to really use forms in a
flexible way is to copy the content of default_edit_form.pt, tweak it
for your application's needs, perhaps put it in a macro.

We need documentation on how to construct forms in the first place, and
a few standard macros people can reuse (with docs).