[Grok-dev] Grok and permissions

daniel daniel.carraher at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 05:12:33 EST 2008

Hello,

Having worked with Grok a little now, I've reached the stage where I want to
incorporate authentication/authorization into my webapp. I've found the current
tutorial <http://grok.zope.org/minitutorials/permissions.html> to be
somewhat lacking in that it is hard for non-zope developers to follow and is
somewhat incomplete. For example it does not deal with permission checking
before views are rendered. Details of how to create or manage user accounts
also seem to be a bit glossed over.

As a new developer I find that having good documentation not only makes the
task easier, but it makes me adopt the development mentality and style which
is needed in the environment. This is especially important when dealing with
security. So if anyone has a link to better documentation on this or is
willing to fix the current one up I would be very much appreciative and many
new Grokkies would be better Grok developers for it also.

Thanks!

--

-- Daniel