[Grok-dev] Re: Grok ORM with Storm

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Wed Jan 23 07:23:24 EST 2008

Good to see a start on some relational database documentation with Grok!

I'd suggest moving this doc from the How-To into the Tutorial area
since the Tutorial content type let's you have multiple pages, and if
this gets filled out into a full discussion on using Storm with Grok
over time, then having it broken up into digestiable chunks would be
quite nice. Also I added you to the Documentation group so you can
self-publish and do other things within the /documentation/ space.

I have a Grok app which provides user/group management functionality
for an LDAP database, and I have User and Group objects that subclass
from grok.Model but are only ever loaded with LDAP data and are never
persisted to the ZODB, so it'd be great to see a better way of
declaring something is a grok.Model without getting the persistence
implementation in the base class. Also it'd be great if I cleaned up
this app and released it, but first I have to finish with the
necessary grunt work to get the new Grok site out the door :)