[Grok-dev] grok introspector of zope packages broken in 0.11.1

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Thu Jan 24 10:00:58 EST 2008

Hi Leonardo,

Leonardo Rochael Almeida wrote:

On Jan 23, 2008 3:00 PM, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > The grok introspector of zope packages is broken in 0.11.1. This is
> > because it hits a zipped egg. I think zipped eggs are annoying for other
> > reasons, and hopefully we'll get a buildout option soon that can turn
> > off zipped installation for all eggs. Still, this bug needs to be fixed,
> > if only by skipping zipped eggs.
>
> When I want to force eggs to be unzipped, I use this part first thing
> on my buildout.cfg:
>
>   [force-unzip]
>   # this recipe is used to force certain eggs to be loaded unzipped
>   # it is invoked before the other recipes in "parts" so the other
>   # recipes needing these eggs already get them unzipped
[snip]

Thanks for that trick, Leonardo! I've never seen this before :-) I see a
couple of questions arising with it concerning nested dependencies,
already installed eggs etc., but it is certainly useful under certain
circumstances.

The problem that Martijn described originated from a call to a
`zope.app.apidoc` method. The developers of that package are aware of
the problem and already commited a fix (well, they simply skipped those
eggs, but the packages are displayed again in the Grok inspector) in a
newer version (3.4.0).

I checked that fix, found out, that it should not break any other
dependencies and checked in a new versions.cfg (for the trunk only, of
course) with updated zope.app.apidoc version.

I think that zope.app.apidoc is the right place to fix that issue and we
shouldn't fiddle around with it.

Developers using the current trunk might want to run `buildout -n` after
updating their local Grok sources.

Is that enough stuff for a 0.11.2 release (together with the martian
changes of yesterday)?

Kind regards,

--
Uli