[Grok-dev] grok 0.13 installation problem on hardy heron

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Fri Jul 4 18:38:12 EDT 2008

Hi there,

Sebastian Ware wrote:
> 4 jul 2008 kl. 00.45 skrev Uli Fouquet:
>
> >> "/home/myhome/MyApp/src/MyApp/configure.zcml", line 5.2-5.27
> >>    ValueError: Empty module name
> >
> > I wonder, why there is a '.../MyApp/src/MyApp/configure.zcml' file
> > involved. Shouldn't it read '.../MyApp/src/myapp/configure.zcml' (with
> > lowercase package name)?
> >
> > What is in your src/ directory? A 'MyApp' or a 'myapp' package?
>
> In case we don't get an answer. I changed to camel case in the src/
> directory (from eaglesurvey to EagleSurvey), but that gives another
> error:
>
> zope.configuration.xmlconfig.ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File "/Users/
> jhsware/groksandbox/EagleSurvey/parts/app/site.zcml", line 4.0-4.33
>
> ConfigurationError: ('Invalid value for', 'package', "ImportError:
> Couldn't import eaglesurvey, No module named eaglesurvey")

Sure. I didn't expect only the package name to be camel case. You had to
tweak the site.zcml in buildout.cfg, the mentioned configure.zcml and/or
possibly other things as well, to get the same or a similar error
message.

But: the package name is easy to check and would give us a hint, whether
something went wrong with `grokproject`. If there _is_ such a camelcase
package name, then `grokproject` didn't turn it into lowercase as it is
supposed to do. Therefore the answer would be important and the question
is still valid IMHO.

BTW, could someone else reproduce that error?

Best regards,

--
Uli