[Grok-dev] grokproject 0.8 released

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sun Jul 13 23:34:31 EDT 2008

I just released grokproject 0.8. It contains *a lot* of improvements,
mostly made by Maurits van Rees and Tim Terlegård at the Grokkerdam
sprint and afterwards. When you look at the changelog, you'll notice
that the changes for 0.8 alone are longer than for all the versions
before it :). So it was definitely time for a release, even though we
know we have more plans for grokproject.

Highlights among grokproject 0.8 changes include:

* Support for a combined download of *all* eggs. Grokproject no longer
has to download ~100 individual packages when you use it for the first
time. It now just downloads a single tarball.

* If you haven't done so already yourself, Grokproject will
automatically configure your ~/.buildout/default.cfg with a central eggs
location (~/.buildout/eggs).

* Grokproject is now true wrapper around PasteScript. That means you'll
get the same experience when you write

   paster create -t grok