[Grok-dev] grokproject 0.8 released

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Mon Jul 14 17:40:29 EDT 2008

Hi there,

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> El 14 Jul 2008, a las 06:03 , Peter Bengtsson escribió:

> > * The generated file tests.py uses z3c.testsetup (and of course entry
> > in setup.py) but this can be replaced by the now grok-builtin
> > grok.testing
>
> Really? Cool, I wasn't aware of that.

Well, not too cool, I'm afraid. `grok.testing` provides only an
extension to provide another ftesting.zcml as fallback. This has to do
with the layer trouble we discussed here. To be honest, I could imagine
that it would be cleaner to drop grok.testing or to only import stuff
from z3c.testsetup in future releases.

> Note that I'm not really fond of z3c.testsetup in its current state.
> It makes assumptions that IMHO are not appropriate in testing. I think
> when testing you want to be explicit about certain things. I've talked
> to Uli about this already, I don't know what his plans are. I might
> actually get around to fixing it soon coz it's annoying me :).

I'd like to do that layer definition in test markers as you proposed. I
am only opposing against giving the marker `:Test-Layer: functional` new
semantics that are not compatible with existing projects.

Right now I am a bit busy with GSOC and some burnt out machines where I
have to rescue some tons of data, but it is on my agenda for this week.

> Anyway, maybe we should wait until the dust settles on z3c.testsetup
> before we change grokproject again.

Yes, that's what I would prefer too, because (1) the kind of registering
tests will change/be extended soon and (2) it might be more useful to
use z3c.testsetup directly.

Kind regards,

--
Uli