[Grok-dev] Re: [Plone-belgium] Grok and Zope2 sprint.

Sylvain Viollon sylvain at infrae.com
Thu Jul 17 06:09:30 EDT 2008

On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 12:27:04 +0200
Godefroid Chapelle <gotcha at bubblenet.be> wrote:

> Hi,

  Hello,

> Just to let you know we will have a short two-days sprint in Belgium
> on July 17th and 18th.
>
> We plan to move on with the integration of grok layers with Zope 2.
>
> I think it is good that the Europython sprinters keep that in mind,
> among other things to let us know how far you will have gone (hint,
> hint, Infrae guys).

  Like you see, I won't be here. I have done some work on grokifying
Silva. This is quite nice and let us remove a huge bunch of awful
registration code.

  I reported one bug:

  - https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/grok/+bug/247659

  And one feature request:

  - https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/grok/+bug/247662

  I discussed this one with Martijn, and I agreed that's useful.

  As well, I made a GlobalGrokker, and I think we could add, in
martian, a method execute which collect values like for a ClassGrokker,
as directives works on module as well.

  I have more work to do one the grokification of Silva, and I will give
you feedback then I will have more information.

> Good luck for the EP sprint.

  You can check what's have done here, to get some hint on how we
have made this working:

  Silva - https://svn.infrae.com/Silva/branch/europython2008-grok/

  Buildout to setup everything -
https://svn.infrae.com/buildout/silva/branch/Silva-trunk-grok/

  I think this support will be included with Silva 2.2.

  Best regards,

  Sylvain,

--
Sylvain Viollon -- Infrae