[Grok-dev] Amazon EC2/S3 control panel in Grok

David Bain david.bain at alteroo.com
Fri Jul 18 16:33:05 EDT 2008

I think we need a simple project that validates grok. A project that speaks
to the geek world and says "look what we did" in 3 minutes! (okay maybe not
3 minutes).

I think that project would be a Grok based implementaton of an Amazon EC2
control panel. It would allow an individual to manage their EC2 images and
keys etc.. and their S3 buckets, all through the web.

I think this is relatively low hanging fruit because there is already a nice
python library (boto http://pypi.python.org/pypi/boto), which can do the
backend work.

Just throwing this out there.