[Grok-dev] the beginnings of megrok.feeds

Brandon Craig Rhodes brandon at rhodesmill.org
Wed Jul 23 07:38:37 EDT 2008

Christian Theune <ct at gocept.com> writes:

> On Sat, 2008-07-19 at 17:36 -0400, Brandon Craig Rhodes wrote:
>
>>  Imagine that ... I instantiate two different Grok apps in my
>>  database that both use "Foo" objects ...  [will] global
>>  registrations ... make each application's views magically appear
>>  over in the other application?
>
> Only if your 'Foo' objects really refer to the same class objects.

At the very least, think about all of those Viewlets and macros that
seem to get attached to Python classes like "Interface" these days!

If three Grok applications were installed in a single site that all had
views built atop "Interface", then I think that under the current scheme
(which, as outlined in a recent email, I would like to change) there
would be no way from stopping people from trying to invoke each
application's views atop objects from the other applications.