[Grok-dev] Re: ZCML

Achim Domma domma at procoders.net
Thu Jul 31 09:33:27 EDT 2008

Am 31.07.2008 um 15:11 schrieb Martijn Faassen:

> c) other Python developers who may never have used Zope

[...]

> For c), ZCML is not relevant at all. At most ZCML as something
> alien and non-Python will scare off most of those developers,
> irrespective of its true benefits or drawbacks.

Being one of these developers, I just wanted to agree with that
statement. I have read the first and second version of Philips book
and was always looking at Zope, because I like the cool architecture.
I develop software for a living, but not with Zope. So I'm looking at
Zope in my spare time, which is quite hard if you need all that ZCML,
just to get the simplest example up and running.

Grok has changed that: Using Grok you can just get started, play with
object, ... Programming with Grok is the way I always imagined Zope
development should be.

Achim