[Grok-dev] Re: Grok 0.12.1 released, Was: Grok 0.12 released!

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Jun 6 08:16:35 EDT 2008

Maurits van Rees wrote:
> Jan-Wijbrand Kolman, on 2008-06-06:
>> There's one, uhm, no two remarks I'd like to make:
>>
>> First, the tarball is created from the 0.12 *branch*. I guess from now
>> on we should run bundlemaker from release *tags* and use the
>> versions.cfg from that particular release tag, right?
>
> No, because the versions.cfg in the tag does not actually contain
> 'grok = 0.12.1'.  The tag (and any branch and trunk) use a development
> egg of grok from the src/ directory.  And that is probably how it
> should stay.

I'm trying to understand how this is a difference between tag and
branch? How does the bundlemaker currently know what version of Grok to
include? Ah, it looks at the versions file for 0.12.1. So it's actually
all right to do this on the branch, as nothing *from* the branch is
actually bundled up - it'll just download the Grok egg referenced in the
published release info.