[Grok-dev] zopectl autorestart

Luciano Ramalho luciano at ramalho.org
Mon Jun 9 12:01:33 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 11:34 AM, Peter Bengtsson <peter at fry-it.com> wrote:
> I've managed to hack zc.zope3recipes.ctl to accept another program
> called "autorestart". You run it like this::
[snip]

Cool stuff, Peter!

> A couple of questions::
>
>  1. Who can help me review this patch into zc.zope3recipes?
>
>  2. Does inotify work on the OSX? (which I care about unlike Windows)

There is an OSX equivalent and it's called FSEvents [1]. It was
introduced in Leopard (OSX 10.5), probably to support Spotlight and
Time Machine (the search and backup apps).

[1] http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Darwin/Conceptual/FSEvents_ProgGuide/Introduction/chapter_2_section_1.html
  or http://tinyurl.com/5g32wa

I bet there is a Windows equivalent as well. Anyone knows about it? Sidnei?

Wrapping those services in a platform-independent way would be a
valuable contribution to Python.

Cheers,

Luciano