[Grok-dev] Re: Dual "zopect"l / "paster serve" buildout

Michael Haubenwallner michael at d2m.at
Thu Jun 12 02:29:22 EDT 2008

Michael Haubenwallner schrieb:
> Kevin Teague yesterday pointed to
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/grok/+bug/213269
>
> with Chris McDonough in the further discussion suggesting '... running
> Grok via "paster serve" out of the box by default as a WSGI app.'
> (2008-04-07)
>
> I've been wanting this way too long now. Today i started a modification
> of grokproject to include the templates and a modified buildout to
> support both, the "zopectl" (twisted) and the "paster serve" configuration.
>
> There are a few conceptional edges, but the changes are working and
> tests are passing.
>
> Any objections to put this on a grokproject branch?

Branch is added at
http://svn.zope.org/grokproject/branches/d2m-dual-startup/

To start the Zope server, choose one of the two command schemes::

   - ``bin/zopectl fg``

     starts the twisted server

   - ``bin/paster serve etc/debug.ini``

     starts the pythonpaste http server with debug enabled

   - ``bin/paster serve etc/deploy.ini``

     starts the pythonpaste http server without error console

When using paster, automatic reloading after code changes can be enabled
by running::

   - ``bin/paster serve --reload etc/debug.ini``

The additional paster templates are taken from zopeproject.

Comments are welcome.
Michael

--
http://blog.d2m.at