[Grok-dev] towards Grok 0.13

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Jun 12 08:10:31 EDT 2008

Hi there,

Even though there are some nice things we could still do with Martian, I
think we've made enormous progress and we should start thinking about
getting Grok 0.13 out of the door.

I think we're in good shape. The one bit I think we really need before
the release is getting jw-viewlets-fix branch up to speed and merged.
JW, how can we help?

I will also review the update notes and, um, update them with the latest
Martian developments.

Along with this release, we should also release the new grokproject.

So, what about a release of Grok 0.13 sometime in the second half of
next week?

P.S. Nice things that can still be done with Martian: Introduce
FunctionGrokker so we can simplify the way @adapter and @subscribe
directives work in grokcore.component. This might also require extending
directives in Martian to abstract away some of the frame hackery client
code still has to do. Also: removing the last vestiges of manual
directive bind in both Grok and grokcore.component. Anyway, these are
all bonus features; I really like the way Martian is turning out. Grok
itself has become a lot more declarative as a result.