[Grok-dev] 0.14 wishlist items

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Jun 13 10:48:19 EDT 2008

Hi there,

It's time to start thinking about what's going to be in Grok 0.14.

One wishlist item is clear: WSGI by default. There's quite a bit of
pent-up demand for it, also because it'll allow us to use paster which
should allow us to do automatic restarts and so on.

WSGI will also help us with the grokdeploy tool we've been talking
about, that should make it really easy to push stuff out onto a webserver.

What I'd like to see in a first iteration is:

* paster to start Grok.

* development and deployment profiles, where the development profile
adds middleware for, say, debugging of exceptions.

Philipp is going to talk about his plans concerning WSGI and give
feedback to the current WSGI efforts that people have started. Philipp,
tell us your plans, hopefully in a way so that other people can also do
some of the work. :)

What other wishlist items do we have for 0.14?