[Grok-dev] Re: Performance of OrderedContainer

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Jun 18 04:11:10 EDT 2008

Gary Poster wrote:

> On Jun 17, 2008, at 1:58 PM, Gary Poster wrote:
[snip]
>> It can be a drop in replacement for PersistentList in an ordered
>> mapping implementation.  The only potential incompatibility I can
>> think of is that getting a slice returns an iterator rather than a list.
>
> Heh, no reply to this,
[snip caveats with zc.blist in this role]

Thanks for the feedback, Gary, it is appreciated. The problem is that
indeed grok.OrderedContainer does implement the zope.app.container API
for ordering, if I'm not wrong.

Anyway, it would be good if someone could introduce a patch with a more
scalable OrderedContainer for Grok *before* the release, as it'll be
harder to change internal data structures after people start using it.
Not impossible of course, just a lot harder.

For inspiration, we need to study
http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/plone.folder/

We also need to investigate whether blist could be made to make sense i
this role after all.