[Grok-dev] Re: Performance of OrderedContainer

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 07:20:22 EDT 2008

Martijn Faassen wrote:
  > Thanks for the feedback, Gary, it is appreciated. The problem is that
> indeed grok.OrderedContainer does implement the zope.app.container API
> for ordering, if I'm not wrong.

Yes indeed.

Grok's OrderedContainer implements
zope.app.container.interfaces.IOrderedContainer. This essentially
specifies the updateOrder() method. This method will never be scalable I
presume for very large sets.

Grok's OrderedContainer does not actually subclass the ordered container
that already is in Zope 3 since that implementation uses a
PersistentDict for storing the items. It does however subclass
grok.Container that stores the items in a BTree.

regards,
jw