[Grok-dev] Re: zope.testing autodiscovery

Wolfgang Schnerring wosc at wosc.de
Tue Jun 24 03:19:53 EDT 2008

* Wolfgang Schnerring <wosc at wosc.de>[2008-06-24 06:48]:
> * Wolfgang Schnerring <wosc at wosc.de>:
>> * Christian Theune <ct at gocept.com>:
>>> Better test discovery and getting rid of the need of test_suite() is another
>>> refactoring/feature I want to perform on zope.testing.
>
> Never mind. After reading http://grok.zope.org/documentation/how-to/tests-with-grok-testing
> which was linked from the Grok 0.13 release notes, I realized that z3c.testsetup
> already does all this and more. %-)

However... z3c.testsup is quite Zope-dependent (it pulls in most of Zope3 since
it needs to support zope.app.testing). I'd quite like to use zope.testrunner
for non-Zope projects, and I'd like to have some test discovery there, too.
What do people think? Is it worthwile/inside zope.testing's scope to do this?

Wolfgang