[Grok-dev] Re: zope.testing autodiscovery

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Tue Jun 24 06:14:10 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 09:19:53AM +0200, Wolfgang Schnerring wrote:
> * Wolfgang Schnerring <wosc at wosc.de>[2008-06-24 06:48]:
> > * Wolfgang Schnerring <wosc at wosc.de>:
> >
> > Never mind. After reading http://grok.zope.org/documentation/how-to/tests-with-grok-testing
> > which was linked from the Grok 0.13 release notes, I realized that z3c.testsetup
> > already does all this and more. %-)
>
> However... z3c.testsup is quite Zope-dependent (it pulls in most of Zope3 since
> it needs to support zope.app.testing). I'd quite like to use zope.testrunner
> for non-Zope projects, and I'd like to have some test discovery there, too.
> What do people think? Is it worthwile/inside zope.testing's scope to do this?

My personal goal is to fold this into the test runner. Actually I'd like to
make the test runner extensible using entry points so that various discovery
strategies can be added without modifying the test runner and that
application-specific discovery code can do their thing.

I didn't review the patches in full yet ...

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com