[Grok-dev] Re: Defining 3rd-party eggs within a grok buildout?

Toni Mueller support at oeko.net
Wed Jun 25 16:34:48 EDT 2008

Hi,

[ I'm a Grok newbie ]

On Wed, 25.06.2008 at 19:51:31 +0200, Philipp von Weitershausen <philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:
> Andreas Jung wrote:
>> I am playing around with Grok and I am trying to integrate  SQLAlchemy
>> into a Grok app. My buildout.cfg is generated by grokproject. Where do

I have the same "problem".

> Are they an inherent dependency of your application? In other words,
> does your application import sqlalchemy, zope.sqlalchemy, etc.?

I sort of solved it by copying the setup from rdbexample, which
includes a private copy of SQLAlchemy, collective.lead, and megrok.rdb.

> you should add it to install_requires of your application's setup.py.
> Next time you run bin/buildout, it will pull these in.

Mentioning them appropriately in buildout.cfg would be my
preferred choice, as I also don't see how I could specify package
versions within setup.py.

Kind regards,
--Toni++