[Grok-dev] Re: Defining 3rd-party eggs within a grok buildout?

Brandon Craig Rhodes brandon at rhodesmill.org
Wed Jun 25 16:37:01 EDT 2008

Toni Mueller <support at oeko.net> writes:

> Mentioning them appropriately in buildout.cfg would be my preferred
> choice, as I also don't see how I could specify package versions
> within setup.py.

The setup.py file allows equality operators when listing dependencies.
The setuptools guide gives the example:

    install_requires = ["OtherProject>=0.2a1.dev-r143,==dev"]

You can, therefore, chain dependency restrictions using commas; and each
restriction is a Python inequality or equality operator followed by a
partial or complete version specification.