[Grok-dev] Re: z3c.testsetup 0.2.3 released

Wolfgang Schnerring wosc at wosc.de
Thu Jun 26 08:39:21 EDT 2008

Hello,

* Uli Fouquet <uli at gnufix.de> [2008-06-26 12:52]:
> There might, however, be a good reason for it: when you request to get a
> module which is currently processed, then it might be impossible to load
> it. It would be like creating sample/mod.py and then, in mod.py, saying
> `from sample import mod`. This would mean trouble (infinite recursion).
> Therefore most probably martian.scan is not to blame.

I suspected there might be some infloop lurking here. Thanks that you
will look into it!

> > [1] an aside: is there a (quick) way to say "this package"? __name__ is not a
> > full dotted name and so won't work,
>
> It is not? Normally, I would say

Sorry. That was me jumping to wrong conclusions because of strange
tracebacks. In fact, when I put "print __name__" into an __init__.py,
I get the full dotted name of the package, so that would be just what
I wished for! (Modulo the above problem, of course)

> >  and a PEP for __module__ was rejected as far
> > as I can see. Not having to explicitly type the package name would be really
> > nice, though...
> Right, interesting! Which PEP was it?

This one: http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3130/

Wolfgang