[Grok-dev] Re: publishing the sphinx driven documentation

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Jun 26 09:39:50 EDT 2008

Hey Kevin,

Kevin Teague wrote:

> I've started to do some work on the Sphinx docs (yay!) and will help to
> look after this project so that it can be ready for 0.14.

Yay!! Thanks!

> The only URL that we didn't account for in the previous discussion was
> for the latest, current development version. I've just put the Apache
> rewrite rule in place, and made a /doc/dev/ URL to point to the latest
> doc build from trunk (so that folks too lazy to go a grok trunk
> checkout, run ./bin/grokdocs2html and open a file in build/html/ can
> preview the current OGD build):
>
> http://grok.zope.org/doc/dev/

Cool, that looks pretty good already! One thing I'm missing in the
tutorial though are the sidebars. CSS issue?

> I'm not sure how widely we want to link to this yet. If we are updating
> /doc/current and /doc/0.14 for a new release, it's possible the
> /doc/dev/ gets neglected and occaissionaly points to an dev build. I
> guess setting up a nightly cron-job to refresh this build from trunk
> isn't too hard though ...

I think we should iterate towards a doc/current version before the 0.14
release, so we can start linking to the new docs from grok.zope.org
without having to wait for 0.14. Since there haven't been big changes on
0.14 yet, we can keep that 0.13-but-not-really documentation in the
trunk for a while.

Once that becomes impossible due to larger changes in 0.14, we'll do a
re-think. :)

> (I'll put together notes on the Official Grok Docs (OGD) update process.
> I noticed that the "Releasing Grok" notes are in the Community docs
> section, can I move this to /project/ since that section is intended to
> be for information about how the running of Grok project?)

Sure. We could also consider moving this kind of documentation into the
official documentation eventually.